Caregiving Resources at the Library
Nova Scotia Provincial Libraries has compiled a multimedia list of Resources for Caregivers, including books, documentaries, websites, and more. Click here to access the full list.
Some of the regional librarians have compiled lists of caregiving resources at their local branches which they have shared with us. These libraries have (PDF) after their name. Others have helped us create links to their online catalogs which display caregiving resources--so the searching has been done for you! Click the links for your area, then check out the resources you want.
- Annapolis Valley Regional Libraries (PDF)
- Cape Breton Regional Libraries (PDF)
- Colchester-East Hants Regional Libraries (link to online catalog)
- Cumberland Public Libraries (link to online catalog)
- Eastern Counties Regional Libraries (link to online catalog)
- Halifax Public Libraries (link to online catalog)
- South Shore Public Libraries (link to online catalog)
- Western Counties Regional Libraries (PDF)
If the resource you want isn't available at your local branch, you can request it through inter-library loan. You can also take advantage of the Borrow Anywhere Return Anywhere (BARA) initiative to make it even easier.
Nova Scotia's libraries and librarians are #CaregiverAware2019. They will help you find the caregiving resources you are looking for, in whatever format. Access to information is what they do.